Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Hotel Rooms for Free

There are many ways to travel for free or for deeply discounted fares and charges. The first thing any frequent traveler should do is register for as many hotel and airline reward programs as he or she can find. I prefer the hotel rewards programs and have stayed for many free nights the last few years. It takes a lot longer to reap a free flight, especially when you travel in your own vehicle like I do on most of my journeys here in the United States.

The best Hotel rewards programs are:

1.
Priority Club Rewards Hotel Reservations The Official Web Site

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/1/en/home

IHG InterContinental Crowne Plaza Hotel Indigo Holiday Inn Holiday Inn Express Staybridge Suites Candlewood Suites

This is the Reward Program for Holiday Inn and its many affiliates. This is my favorite rewards program. (And no--they didn't pay me to say that--at least not yet. I hope they are reading this and will find it in their hearts to reward me for my loyalty.)

2. TripRewards

http://www.triprewards.com/

This is the middle-tier hotel rewards program. True, they also have Wyndham and other more higher priced hotels, but mostly this is :










These are the hotels that most of us stay at when we have to stay in a hotel. Most of these are not fancy, but they should be clean and cheerful.

More tomorrow
—I recommend getting registered with these two Hotel Rewards Programs as a good first step. See you tomorrow!

No comments: